The A to Z lists all the pages in the Seller zone. At the bottom of all Seller (and Buyer) zone pages, you'll find the ‘See also…’ box, with links to all the other pages in that zone.
If there's anything you want to know that isn't on this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
It is completely free to register as a Seller on any of the 4FMV sites and to benefit from:
• a Canada-wide marketplace for your skills
• simple online contracts and timesheets
• automatic invoicing on your behalf
• guaranteed payment for your contracts
• ratings for all your contracts
• Gain top position in Buyers’ searches with twice the space to advertise your services
• Your details are displayed, in rotation, in the seller showcase on 4FMV Buyer pages
• Learn more about Premier Membership
How your Rate is calculated for the Buyer
• When you enter your rate you will be shown the rate that is charged to the Buyer
• Fixed Price Contracts – your rate + 4FMV’s management fee
• Hourly Contracts - your Rate is calculated as follows:
- If you are Incorporated: hourly rate + 4FMV's management fee + employer portion of WSIB/CSST
- If you are a Sole Proprietor: hourly rate + 4FMV's management fee + employer portion of EI, CPP/QPP, EHT and WSIB/CSST
2. When you are shortlisted
When you are shortlisted for an opportunity, we will contact you – usually by phone, so please check that your contact details are up to date – to check that you are:
a. available for work
b. interested in the opportunity.
Only when we have confirmed your interest will we release your contact details to a Buyer.
3. If you apply for an opportunity through the opportunity listings
If you apply for an opportunity through the opportunity listings, you may not hear from us unless you are either
- shortlisted, in which case we will contact you directly; or
- rejected by the Buyer, in which case you should receive an email.
If you have applied for an opportunity and are then shortlisted, we assume that you are both available and interested and will release your details immediately to the Buyer.
4. When a Buyer contacts you
You are free to discuss all the details of the opporunity with your Buyer. But remember that any work from a Buyer who has contacted you through the site MUST be contracted through a 4FMV contract.
In all situations, you should not start work until and unless a contract has been agreed through the site.
We guarantee payment to Sellers, but only for work that is covered by an existing and agreed contract through the 4FMV sites.
5. When you are awarded a contract
When you are awarded a contract, you will then need to sign in to your homepage to agree the details.
If you earn more than $30,000 per year as an independent professional (either sole proprietor or corporation), then you need to be registered for GST/HST and QST in Quebec.
I am a sole proprietor
I am incorporated
When you get a contract
When you get a contract
On your 'My Details' page you will now need to enter details of your company bank account and your Social Insurance Number.
If you are GST/HST or QST registered, you will also need to enter that information as well.
On your 'My Details' page you will now need to enter details of your company bank account and your GST/HST number (and QST in Quebec).
Please note that we must pay into your company account, not your personal account.
6. Your timesheet
When you are working on a contract, you have access to your timesheet. If the contract has a specific number of hours, you should only enter that amount of hours.
Please note that we credit check all of our Buyers. Those Buyers who have a limited credit history may have to agree to maintain a top-up account.
If this is the case, we will release the number of hours they have paid for on to your timesheet.
You should never work hours that have not been agreed in advance by your Buyer and released onto your timesheet. If you work hours that have not been agreed and released onto your timesheet, we may not be able to pay you for these hours.
Please note that for Fixed-Price Contracts timesheets may not be necessary.
7. Getting paid
For Hourly Contracts
• Our invoice cycle is usually monthly, although Buyers can select a weekly cycle
• For a monthly invoicing cycle, we will pay you one month after the invoice is raised
For Fixed Price Contracts
• Payment occurs when the work has been approved
last updated 01-May-2013